43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Evaluation Question 5


Title draws us in quite quickly from the beginning.
Intriguing, makes us want to know what will happen.
Camera work could be improved.
Not appealing to her, as she does not regularly watch films of this sort.



The first thing that stands out is the quickness of the beginning.
Forces you to pay attention.
The genre is not easily established (perhaps drama-based)
Good filming.
Should be filmed somewhere other than the locality.




Filming and cinematography good, editing well paced.
Perhaps it should be filmed somewhere other than the college.
She would purchase this film, as she is intrigued into seeing what it is like.
It lacks realism and seriousness as actors show little talent.




Titles attract is attention.
Good filming, good introduction.
He would purchase this film because he finds it interesting.
Could include more shots in the introduction.



Professionalism draws attention.
Mixture of genres, predominantly action.
Shot well, good cinematography, looks professional.
The costume, lighting and mise en scene are effective.
Age range is mid-twenties.
He would purchase the film as it is his genre.
Camera work can be shaky at times, more care needs to be taken.



The first few seconds of the film attract her attention and set the scene.
A chase scene genre.
The slow-motion scene with the titles is strong.
Probably appeals to an audience in their mid-twenties who enjoy action films.
Personally not to her taste so she would not purchase this film.
Could be improved by using more locations.




I was pleased that my viewers were attracted by the opening scene. I did intend for the opening titles to hook the viewer and it seems to have worked. I am also glad that most reckoned that a suitable audience would be in their early 20s, as again this what I aimed for. I agree with the feedback that the camera is often shaky, yet often there was little way around this without purchasing expensive equipment. I disagree however with the opinion that I have not used enough locations. As I express in Question 1 I used five separate and I felt this was enough. However it maybe true that filming ought to have taken place outside of the college.

Altogether I am pleased with my feedback and expected the results I obtained. I am glad I attracted the attention of my audience.


No comments: