43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

Thursday 17 March 2011

Designing and Creating a Logo

Initial Ideas 


I came up with the comapany name pretty quickly. "TaylorMade" was obviously a pun on my own name, but it offered me much potential in designing a logo. It wasn't long before I hit on the idea of scissors, and so I produced several different sketches and eventually picked my favourite (marked with a tick).

Observing the structure of a pair of scissors


I searched scissors on Google to find an accurate stencil for my image. Finding one I used it to sketch from and produced a black pair of scissors on MS Paint.

Drawing a pair of scissors

Placing an image of a pair of scissors on the canvas I used the paint tools to recreate my own pair.

The scissors cutting the film

Again I used the tools and produced a strip of film, being sliced by the scissors, copying from my initial logo. I used a smaller paint brush to add the details to the film strip.

I added a T and M, standing for "Taylor" and "Made".

And finally


I inverted the colours and added "TAYLOR MADE PRODUCTIONS" in the font 'Impact'.

No comments: