43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

Monday 21 March 2011

Using Final Cut Express

Once the camera is connected to the computer I can start to capture my film in 'Final Cut'. To do this I go to 'file' and then 'capture'.


At this point a screen showing the film will appear in the Final Cut window. I can capture between any two points in the film, by using the spacebar and escape key. Once a selection of clips have been captured they will individually appear in the palate to the side of the screen (as seen below).


I can place any of these film clips in the timeline.


Once on the timeline I can add effects, tansitions and titles. The most well-used tool to me would be the blade (see below). With this tool a clip can be split precisely in two.


A screen displays the film on the timeline.


The individual clips are rearranged on the timeline, and this is called the sequence.


Using the magnifying glass I can zoom into the sequencend make minor readjustments.



No comments: